Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Being a Part-Time Writer is a Full-Time Job

This week it's Anna's turn to share her thoughts with us.

No time to write today, I have to:

·         Link to my new book (No Escape) on Shelfari so that it appears on the widget on my blog

·         Update my Facebook page

·         Read a recently published book and post reviews on Amazon, Shelfari and Goodreads so that the author will return the favour and give me some publicity for No Escape.

·         Add an Amazon link to my blog so that readers can buy No Escape.

·         Fix a problem with my author website and check that it is up to date.

·         Arrange to have my profile put on an online Author Network.

·         Send a chapter of a current work-in progress to a beta reader.

·         Beta read two novels and report in detail to the authors regarding suggested improvements.

·         Research the cost of antique suits of armour for Blackwood, a work-in-progress about an antique shop.

·         Look into the possibility of doing a blog tour and make the necessary contacts.

·         Research the submission requirements for UK agents (they all seem to want something different) and update my Agents database with the latest rejections.

·         Send Emon and the Emperor to another UK agent.

·         Write a blog post about useful tools for writers on MS Word for my blog

·         Research software for writers, including Scrivener and Writeway.

·         Write a flash fiction piece for Writebulb

·         Read “Writing Magazine” for tips.

Anyway, at least I've got "make an Author to-do list" out of the way.

Thanks Anna, for showing us the reality - now we can go back to our daydreams of how easy we wish it could be!

3 comments:

  1. If only it was just about the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all that's without being a full-time housewife and superstar :)
    Makes you wish you just typed your manuscript, sent it off to your editor and sat back and waited for the royalty cheques... (in my dreams...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I love a good "To Do" list. :)

    But your list had me nodding my head, Anna!

    ReplyDelete