No time to write today, I have to:
· Link to my new book (No Escape) on Shelfari so that it appears on the widget on my blog
· Update my Facebook page
· Read a recently published book and post reviews on Amazon, Shelfari and Goodreads so that the author will return the favour and give me some publicity for No Escape.
· Add an Amazon link to my blog so that readers can buy No Escape.
· Fix a problem with my author website and check that it is up to date.
· Arrange to have my profile put on an online Author Network.
· Send a chapter of a current work-in progress to a beta reader.
· Beta read two novels and report in detail to the authors regarding suggested improvements.
· Research the cost of antique suits of armour for Blackwood, a work-in-progress about an antique shop.
· Look into the possibility of doing a blog tour and make the necessary contacts.
· Research the submission requirements for UK agents (they all seem to want something different) and update my Agents database with the latest rejections.
· Send Emon and the Emperor to another UK agent.
· Write a blog post about useful tools for writers on MS Word for my blog
· Research software for writers, including Scrivener and Writeway.
· Write a flash fiction piece for Writebulb
· Read “Writing Magazine” for tips.
Anyway, at least I've got "make an Author to-do list" out of the way.
Thanks Anna, for showing us the reality - now we can go back to our daydreams of how easy we wish it could be!